Sunday, January 6, 2013

Teeth and Standing, The Milestones Keep Coming


We have teeth! That’s right we have not one, but TWO tiny chompers a comin in! Land ho! Ahoy maties we have two tiny barnacles sailing through the drool tides to stake claim in the land of Baby Gum Isle!  I have to say that my husband is the most excited of all about the whole thing. Every time he sees her he asks her “how the teethies (pronounces teefies) are doing” like an excited little kid! It is hilarious to see my husband, a big burly dude, squealing over two little baby teeth!

We also have a stander-upper! That’s right, Emma is pulling herself up on the couch, in her play yard, in her crib, and on her taller toys. The look on her face when she moves is amazing to me, almost a matter-of-fact, ho hum look like she knows exactly what she is doing and what she is trying to accomplish. Like standing unassisted oh yeah I know that, now let me try it. She just turned 7 months old and here I was thinking I would not have to worry about having a walker for a few more months, but it seems like that was wishful thinking. Not that I don’t want her to walk, I’m thrilled she is making moves and developing at her own pace, it just that my baby is growing up so fast (yes nostalgic mother moment here) I remember the days when rolling over was a big deal and now that seems like just a faint memory.

I will keep you posted on these new developments but for now I thought I would share the good news! We are knee deep in milestones here!

What milestones are you going through with your little one right now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment