Friday, November 30, 2012

And So Begins Round Two of Sleep Deprivation


I thought the coast was clear. My bed and I had once again found our harmonious existence together after months of separation. My brain was finally able to function at work. I could problem solve! I started remembering dates of events, even days of the week.

Well, all of that has been (hopefully) temporarily thrown out the sweet moments of the past window in favor of sleep regression misery. I should not say misery, since it is an understandable occurrence but this side of several days with little to no consecutive hours of sleep is difficult to handle to say the least.

Being in mommy world, working, trying to get back in shape, blogging, and preparing for the holidays have me stretched very thin at the moment. Emma of course is priority one, so I want to be able to help her though whatever phase she is in. I am concerned she is having difficulty sleeping through the night. I think this means she is on the verge of crawling and or teething. We go to the pediatrician on Monday for her 6 month checkup, so hopefully we can get some answers.

We have not co-slept in about a month (except for weekend morning sleep-ins) and I’m thinking of going back to that if it would comfort her more. When we do go to check on her in the middle of the night after hearing her, we often find her on her hands and knees awake wiggling around.

I’m willing to try anything at this point for one night of blissful, uninterrupted sleep. I am nearly at the point where I am slurring my words and I have completely lost all sense of time including the day and the hour. I also just happened to look down at my work outfit I am still in at 7pm at night, brown pants, green shirt, gray shawl cover thingy, oh boy thank goodness I did not have any meetings today.

Have you gone through sleep regression with your little one? How did you work through it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment